CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Moderation

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BibbyModeration
by on Jul 16, 2009 at 11:52:40 am

I've been a member of cow for more than a year now and I'm still being told I'm a new member, How long till my threads get posted direct ?

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Moderation
by on Jul 16, 2009 at 5:23:16 pm

Paul,

You made two posts in the last year and then a spate of posts all at once, this week.

We do not automatically approve accounts based on time or on a specified number of posts. Due to spam tactics that many spammers are using, we have had to institute a policy of actually watching all new accounts to see what they do. When we are satisfied that they are legitimate accounts, we set them on auto-pilot.

We have had to do this as spammers have found out that on many sites -- the COW is not one, because of what I outlined to you in the preceding paragraph -- they can create an account, make a real post or two by a human, get the account approved and then turn on the auto-bot to spam across an entire site. To avoid this, we are much more aggressive in our moderation than we once were.

But once we see what kinds of things a user posts and that they are legitimate, we approve the account.

We apologize for the inconvenience but if we didn't do it, this place would be deluged in spam as all day long spam engines try to assail this site and we are quite dedicated and work hard to keep it all off of our boards.

Ron Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Return to posts index

Paul BibbyRe: Moderation
by on Jul 17, 2009 at 5:51:04 am

Thanks for the quick response, I didn't mean to come across as angry I was just frustrated as I could not get a solution to a problem and my post was taking a while to get through as I have taught most of what I know to myself through forums like creativeCOW I do find the Cow invaluable thanks for the great job keep it up guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]