CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Unconvincing compositing Example

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim HofmanUnconvincing compositing Example
by on Jun 26, 2009 at 5:59:41 pm

I'm a character animator with "some" generalist skills. I'm currently taking a class on the the History of Special Effects and one of my assignments is to find an example of "Unconvincing compositing" in movies. I'd rather not go back to "The Thief of Baghdad". Can anyone help me with a modern movie that had some "unconvincing compositing"?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Unconvincing compositing Example
by on Jun 30, 2009 at 2:59:53 pm

I'm not sure what time period "modern movie" is in but the first to come to my mind is classics such as "Goonies," "Back to the "Future" and "Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure". At the time the compositing looked amazing, it just doesn't hold up. Thank goodness the stories still do, I love those movies. I watched "Clockstoppers" and there is a Birds Eye shot at a dance club that looks really bad. I would re-post your question in the Art of the Edit forum, I bet you will get some great answers from Mark and Grinner. Or you can try the Motion Graphics forum. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Unconvincing compositing Example
by on Jul 7, 2009 at 2:34:34 pm

As I was falling asleep last night I remembered the terrible compositing job on the Movie Gone In 60 Seconds. The last scene where the bad guy gets what is coming to him is probably the worst compositing job ever. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]