CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

At wits end re: Adobe! CS3

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad FoubisterAt wits end re: Adobe! CS3
by on Mar 15, 2009 at 1:42:28 am

Don't know where else to post this . . .
Plz2 forgive if in wrong plais.

CS3 is wearing me down, along with the fact Adobe's website freezes my browser. Where to turn? Where to turn?

Get a new browser? yeah yeah.
Browser freezes 40% of the time = suckage.
Browser freezes only when opening Adobe.com = sucky-Adobe.

Has anyone used CS3 and then another editing program for video?
How are other programs?
I don't know where to start.
The fact I feel like I've thrown away almost $2,500 is enough to make me want to cry . . .

Should I:
-stick it out like a man, and troubleshoot the whole damn set?
-just upgrade to CS4 and have everything magically work?
-post this under another forum title?
-throw the bloody thing in the garbage and buy another program that does the same as Pro and After Effects?

signed,
Saddened & Dishearted

PS> if you're one of the chaps where CS3 has worked wonderfully for you already . . I don't need to hear that right now.
Heard it before in other forums.
The fact it works for you helps me naught . . . *sigh*

PSS> I'm not asking for troubleshooting answers here. The list is too long to get into. I would just like to know if anyone can/would recommend another creative package to edit HD video with.

Thank you

http://www.Studio-Era.com

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: At wits end re: Adobe! CS3
by on Mar 16, 2009 at 3:12:15 pm

From reading your other posts on this subject, Brad, I would recommend that you start exporting your file renders as sequential numbered image files, not as rendered movies. That way, you will isolate the very frame and occurrence that is causing at least some of your issues and will help debug what is going on.

A nice side benefit of doing this, is that often the things that were causing your problems will not show up when you render that way. Many After Effects and other users I know do this out of habit and always render sequential image files. That way, if it crahes 98% into a file, you do not lose all the work and only have to start at the last 2% and figure out what's going on there.

That is the first thing I'd do and if not, buy something else. (Since you asked.)

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Chris KeanRe: At wits end re: Adobe! CS3
by on Mar 20, 2009 at 1:39:04 am

Brad,
I think most of us have been in your shoes at one time or another. As a former NLE integrator, I would highly recommend taking your system and all of its disks to someone who builds/ maintains these systems. I mean no disrespect at all. NLEs require some pretty high performance and sometimes don't really have a high tolerance for random hardware or software problems.
Im not really a big fan of recommending a whole new system without knowing if you really need it. I have revived more than one d.o.a. system. Ill bet a couple days at the doc and she'll be better than new!
Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]