CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Tremendous Thread Featuring Bob Zelin

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan AsselinTremendous Thread Featuring Bob Zelin
by on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:18:59 am

I know it's a bit off topic but I wanted to alert you to an amazing thread from Bob Zelin. Bob truly cuts right to the heart of every issue and is a great read.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/21/858420

Enjoy as I have.

Dan

Dan Asselin
Effective Business Video
Core 2 Duo 2.6
2 Gig Ram
Pretty Well Adobe Everything

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Tremendous Thread Featuring Bob Zelin
by on Mar 15, 2009 at 4:02:08 pm

Hi Dan -
I was trying to be mean to this gentleman. It drives me crazy when people work with high technology equipment, and simply won't read the manual. Every post that I replied with was just trying to push him to read the manual. Many of my aggressive responses on these forums is based on "don't be lazy". The attitude of many people unfortunately is "can't you just tell me the answer - I have to go to my bowling league tonight, and don't have time to figure this out". I don't like reading manuals either - but it's part of the job.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: Tremendous Thread Featuring Bob Zelin
by on Mar 15, 2009 at 4:50:39 pm

Hi Bob;

I totally applaud your attitude and grasp where you are coming from. In my house my kids have grown up hearing me constantly say "If you want to play you've got to pay". Unfortunately the culture of entitlement and cutting corners is most prevalent. I was at an event recently where a lot of the tech positions were being held by students. On my way out I noticed an eng-style interview being taped hand-held, available light. (inside, dark) It wouldn't be noteworthy except that the shooter was almost tripping over a professional tripod and lighting kit on the floor beside him. It is to weep.

Thanks for being The Cow's Voice of Reality Bob.

Dan

Dan Asselin
Effective Business Video
Core 2 Duo 2.6
2 Gig Ram
Pretty Well Adobe Everything

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]