CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

A pet peeve

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth WeissA pet peeve
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:25:50 pm

Somewhere along the line the Forums List suddenly and mysteriously began to default to the "category listing" rather than the "alphabetical listing." Personally, I don't much care for the listing by category, and having to switch over to the alphabetical listing every freaking time is one of those little pet peeves that absolutely drives me completely up the wall. In fact, I think I'm going to head outside right now and mow down some innocent bystanders to alleviate some of my tension.

Please Abraham, jump in and save the huddled masses from extinction...

THNX,
David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: A pet peeve
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:32:29 pm

I catch what you're saying. It is possible to create a preference in your settings that will allow you to choose if you want to default to the alphabetical listing instead of categorical. I'll keep this note and you'll probably see this developed in the days ahead.

Abraham

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: A pet peeve
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:46:21 pm

[Kathlyn Lindeboom] "I prefer the alphabetical listing as well. "

I kinda figured I was not alone on this one -- the category listing kinda requires memorizing the categories.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:42:23 pm

Hi Abraham,

Isn't the current setting just to change the way posts appear inside a forum, but not the how the master forum list displays?

BTW, thanks to your quick response many innocent lives were saved.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:44:36 pm

There is both.

There is a setting that allows you to choose to show just your favorite forums in the forums list.

There is also a setting that allows you to choose your viewing preference for the way threads are displayed in each forum.

However, there is not a setting at this time that defaults you to the alphabetical listing of forums instead of the categorical listings. This will be developed in the near future.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:58:19 pm

[Abraham Chaffin] "However, there is not a setting at this time that defaults you to the alphabetical listing of forums instead of the categorical listings. This will be developed in the near future."

So I thought...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

by on Feb 24, 2009 at 9:13:36 pm

This is now an option in the Extra tab of your COW Account Settings.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Feb 26, 2009 at 6:28:52 pm

[Abraham Chaffin] "This is now an option in the Extra tab of your COW Account Settings."

Thanks Abraham!!! I think that does it for the time being, with my help you've now achieved perfection.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

by on Feb 26, 2009 at 6:32:52 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "with my help you've now achieved perfection. "

It's always nice to have a little assistance in this arena =)

Abraham

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: A pet peeve
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 7:45:35 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "...thanks to your quick response many innocent lives were saved."

Yes, but knowing you as I do, David, the operative word here is "many," but not all.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2009 at 8:00:00 pm

[Ron Lindeboom] "Yes, but knowing you as I do, David, the operative word here is "many," but not all. "

True. But, were any of the victims truly innocent?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Timothy AllenRe: A pet peeve
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 11:48:12 pm

Doubtful

(Actually written by Steve Wargo. Tim works for us and posts, at times, from his workstation. If anybody sees him posting some silliness during work hours, please send me a note so I can raise hell. Steve)

-
Timothy D. Allen
http://www.timdan.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]