CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Spammers

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel LowSpammers
by on Jan 21, 2009 at 4:08:49 pm

How is it best to report spammers like this and get their posts removed?

http://forums.creativecow.net/profile/126533

Thanks.

Daniel

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Spammers
by on Jan 21, 2009 at 4:13:27 pm

This is a good place. Appreciate letting us know about it, this will be taken care of.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Spammers
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 7:05:44 pm

I have removed all the spam posts and have left the one post that they did that was not spam. Unfortunately, someone approved their account after the one good post and then they went psycho with spam all across the site.

I guess our policy needs a revision and new accounts need to stay on moderation for a while.

I have also added some of the keywords to the blocker that she used to spam the site, so hopefully when she creates a new account, it will get blocked that way.

Sheesh, spammers -- man I hate 'em.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: Spammers
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 8:49:50 pm

Well you know what they say: everything in moderation.

- Don

Return to posts index

Daniel LowRe: Spammers
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 9:05:45 pm

Ha! - Good one!

Return to posts index

Travis KellyRe: Spammers
by on Jan 23, 2009 at 2:25:23 pm

So, just out of curiosity, what constitutes spamming? I'm fairly new to the forum policies and uses, so for a person that would like to take advantage of using forums, but wants to abide by the rules, what are definite NO NO's?

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Spammers
by on Jan 23, 2009 at 3:28:08 pm

[Travis Kelly] "for a person that would like to take advantage of using forums, but wants to abide by the rules, what are definite NO NO's?"

Great question! Thanks for asking!

You can find the answer for what we expect here at the Cow in our Terms of Service, here.

The short version is no commercial posts, no personal attacks, no inappropriate language. But you'll see the details on that page.

Welcome!

Tim Wilson
Creative Cow

PS. Any way I can persuade you to change your post picture to one of yourself? :-)

Return to posts index

Travis KellyRe: Spammers
by on Jan 23, 2009 at 3:56:31 pm

sure, i will change the picture also, now i'm not sure that the cow will be able to handle my sexiness but you asked for it. (i have to get one first though...i'm at work lol)

Return to posts index

by on Jan 23, 2009 at 4:22:14 pm

[Travis Kelly] "i'm not sure that the cow will be able to handle my sexiness"

We have grown accustomed to being a site that, shall we say, revels in sexiness. Bessie is the very picture of sexiness and Cowdog is the veritable poster dog for sexiness -- or so he insists.

Then you have the COW's Tim Wilson, who like Elvis before him long ago, has left a string of broken hearts that reach ... well, to his house.

Next up? The COW's secret weapon, Tim Matteson, our sales director. He had to move to Los Angeles just to have enough hearts to break. (He used to live in Pacoima but the 11 women of heartbreakable standing in the municipality were quickly under his spell -- and so he moved southeast in search of greener pastures -- though browner air.)

Then there's me: Kathlyn would tell you that I, like the song, am too sexy for my shirt. That is true as it's early morning here and I am not wearing one. But due to the aforesaid condition, I now find both Cowdog and Kathlyn in my office insisting I put one on.

"A dog can only take just so much," says he, scrunching down to the floor where he begins to gnaw his hindparts.

Kathlyn is nicer about it -- she always is -- though I find it disconcerting that she's walking in backwards looking away from me, holding out one of my shirts behind her back. It tells me that I am likely now in second place to Cowdog, who has a hairy back -- me, I'd never allow mine to grow so furry.

"I win," says Cowdog.

"Yeah, but you haven't met my new friend, Travis," I protest. "Just wait, he'll put you in your place -- he probably has a back even furrier than yours, Cowdog. And likely no fleas."

Ball's in your court, Travis.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Spammers
by on Jan 23, 2009 at 6:12:43 pm

[Ron Lindeboom] "Tim Wilson, who like Elvis before him long ago, has left a string of...."

...of crumbs in the sheets from eating in bed, and shooting at the television."

Return to posts index

by on Jan 23, 2009 at 3:57:04 pm

In this case being discussed in this thread, Travis, the spam mail was for illegal DVD ripping software that they were selling. Once they got their account approved, they started going all over the site making one post after another about their ripping software. They didn't even care if the thread was appropriate to their software, they would highjack posts and threads, etc.

Around the COW, that constitutes spam.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillanRe: Spammers
by on Jan 24, 2009 at 8:39:17 am

[Ron Lindeboom] "I have removed all the spam posts and have left the one post that they did that was not spam."
Although is a quick "cut-and-paste" from a couple wikipedia pages.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 24, 2009 at 5:37:44 pm

Yes, I could see that it was a cut-and-paste, Colin. But if we removed stuff that was a simple cut-and-paste, there would be a lot of work in a day for the team here.

Best,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]