CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Pushing Daisies

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don GreeningPushing Daisies
by on Dec 12, 2008 at 6:09:32 am

You were right, Tim. Just saw it for the first time last night. It's pretty good.

- Don

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Pushing Daisies
by on Dec 12, 2008 at 12:00:44 pm

Thanks, Don. And a great article, regardless. William Powloski is a big fan of the Cow == I found him here, asked him to work with me on something, and he JUMPED. Took all the pictures himself, collected the screen caps, worked with Warner Bros to help me get approvals -- all this in the middle of producing 5 episodes at once. A remarkable guy.

The folks at Warner Bros also couldn't have been more helpful. I've never worked with a studio who was even in the ball park.

Just after the magazine shipped, word came from ABC that they weren't picking up the back 9. It's not officially canceled, and there are still several episodes to air next year...but it seems unlikely that we'll see its return. Too bad. Fifteen Emmy nominations last year and 3 wins, could do even better this year.

I'm glad you took a look though. It really is one of my favorites. Be sure to check out the Season 1 DVD set, which has some great behind the scenes stuff, including some bits with our boy William.

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: Pushing Daisies
by on Dec 12, 2008 at 11:59:12 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply and for taking the time to post a bit of a background on how the magazine article came to be what it is. It's this type of article that puts CC Magazine in a class by itself. As for the Pushing Daises show itself, perhaps those who finance it will be able to find another network, especially if it wins more accolades in the meantime. As for myself, it shows up here in the great white north once a week on one of the HD channels. We've now got our PVR set up to automatically record it.

- Don

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Pushing Daisies
by on Dec 13, 2008 at 4:41:16 am

Sad news about Pushing Daisies. It is one of my and Kathlyn's favorite shows. We have bought the DVDs and hope many others will do the same in hopes that WB will look for a new home for the show.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

Franklin McMahonRe: Pushing Daisies
by on Dec 16, 2008 at 6:51:31 pm

It's my current favorite show..so I hope it does come back..if it is canceled I will scream "Oh hell no!"

I was trying to describe the show to a friend recently who had not seen it, and the only thing I could come up with was "CSI meets Walt Disney"

Frank

Franklin McMahon / Host

CreativeCow.net PODCAST

Creative Cow Podcast Page /

Creative Cow Podcast in iTunes /

FranklinMcMahon.com

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Pushing Daisies
by on Dec 16, 2008 at 6:56:59 pm

So now instead of trying to describe it, you can send him to the article. :-)

Return to posts index

Franklin McMahonRe: Pushing Daisies
by on Dec 16, 2008 at 11:09:41 pm

Indeed! ;)

Franklin McMahon / Host

CreativeCow.net PODCAST

Creative Cow Podcast Page /

Creative Cow Podcast in iTunes /

FranklinMcMahon.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved