CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Some videos won't play

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted StricklerSome videos won't play
by on Dec 3, 2008 at 7:08:36 pm

I hope this is the correct place but here goes.

I just tried to play the videos in Steve Wright's article entitled, "Invisible Effects", and none of them would play. I can play other internet videos from Cow but not some. Also, I cannot play some of the videos on the Digital Juice website. Some will play but some will not. I just do not understand why.

I have installed the latest Windows updates and as far as I know the latest Quicktime, Flash and Windows Media player but can some one steer me in the right direction on this irritating problem? Please.

Thank you, Ted.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Some videos won't play
by on Dec 3, 2008 at 7:11:47 pm

I would guess you don't have the latest version of quicktime. The movies in the article there is a direct link to a mov file. The quicktime plug-in in your browser should take over and play it there. If not you probably have a problem with your quicktime browser plug-in. Try re-updating quicktime:

http://www.google.com/search?q=download+quicktime

Abraham

Return to posts index

Ted StricklerRe: Some videos won't play
by on Dec 4, 2008 at 8:28:59 pm

Abraham, thank you for your response but its still not working. I went to Apple for the latest Quicktime download and downloaded it but during installation it only offered two choices.
1, fix
2, uninstall

I chose fix and it ran ok but when I tried to play the Invisible Effects video it wouldn't play. Instead, I get the yellow triangle with the exclamation point in the lower left of my window. It also say, "error on the page".

I have Quicktime 7.5.5 installed and other Quicktime files play, but not all.

I don't get it.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Some videos won't play
by on Dec 4, 2008 at 10:40:37 pm

What browser are you using?

Abraham

Return to posts index

Ted StricklerRe: Some videos won't play
by on Dec 5, 2008 at 1:30:53 pm

Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

When I noticed that some videos were not playing I tried updating everything I could think of so I am at a loss to figure this out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]