CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Moderation Mode?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob MaplesModeration Mode?
by on Aug 28, 2008 at 1:26:22 pm

Hey staffers:

Everytime I post I get a message about being moderation mode either b/c I've got a new account or I've violated policies of CreativeCow.net. Can someone look at my account and see if I have in fact violated policies or why this is happening? My account has been around for at least a couple of years is that still considered new?

Thanks,
Robert C Maples.

--
Doobie Doobie Doo
beware the penguins

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Moderation Mode?
by on Aug 28, 2008 at 3:05:45 pm

Hello Rob,

About a month ago, you edited your account and changed the name that you had been using since you originally signed up. Every time anyone changes their name or their email address, our mechanism automatically puts the account in moderation and sends a reactivation notice to their address given; the notice contains a link that they must click on. The reason we do this is due to California's strict opt-in/anti-spam laws. We also do it to catch spammers who make one good post and then change their name and/or email and try to put their free laptop or mail-order brides posts all across our boards.

Sorry for the inconvenience but it allows our boards to be kept as high signal as we can make them.

Your account is now active.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]