CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Trouble in Paso

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darby EdelenTrouble in Paso
by on Aug 15, 2008 at 5:53:51 am

Dear Ron & Kathlyn,

Today I heard it through the grapevine that a friend's father had an 'interesting' couple come into the winery where he works. Apparently this couple owned some sort of a 'COW' forum that had something to do with media. It didn't take long for me to put 2 and 2 together.

You guys haven't happened to stop by the Carmody McKnight Vineyards recently have you? If you did, I hope Phil treated you right :)

Darby Edelen

NVIDIA
Santa Clara, CA

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Trouble in Paso
by on Aug 15, 2008 at 8:10:33 am

[Darby Edelen] "Today I heard it through the grapevine that a friend's father had an 'interesting' couple come into the winery where he works. Apparently this couple owned some sort of a 'COW' forum that had something to do with media. It didn't take long for me to put 2 and 2 together. You guys haven't happened to stop by the Carmody McKnight Vineyards recently have you? If you did, I hope Phil treated you right :)"

That is a great winery -- the best in our area for many wines. It is one of our favorites. When Jerry Hofmann (from our FCP forum team) came here a couple weeks or so ago, we took him to Carmody McKnight and nowhere else. We told him that "this is where the great Paso Robles wines are, so pull up a glass and let's get cooking."

;o)

Jerry left drunk. Kathlyn played designated driver. Me, I stumbled to the car acting like I didn't know which key would work in the car door. It works every time, Kathlyn saw it and quickly said, "Do you mind if I drive?"

Yes, Phil is a great guy and we had fun bull-manuring with him. Jerry was quite blown away by how beautiful it is here when you get off the beaten path and get back into those canyons which are out past the Carmody McKnight vineyards.

Cowdog hates wine so we left him home. Now, if it was a trip to the Firestone-Walker Brewery, Cowdog would have been all over that one.

Next time you get down this way, Darby, call us. We are in the book.

Maybe we can get Kathlyn to play designated driver -- again.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index

Jerry HofmannRe: Trouble in Paso
by on Dec 28, 2012 at 1:17:55 pm

I can't believe it's been 4 years since that trip. I did enjoy the wine!

Jerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]