CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

New Forum Suggestion

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Michael LoveladyNew Forum Suggestion
by on Jun 14, 2008 at 7:24:18 pm

Cow Folks,

Hi, was wondering if I could suggest a new Forum? Our company has started using the Quantum LTO3a Superloader in the move to an all Data (e.g. tapeless workflow) and I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones going the data tape route. What about a forum dedicated to the various data-tape systems out there that are starting to be aimed at our industry? So far, I'm relying on the forum at RedUser that's tangentially dedicated to tapeless media archiving and then supplementing with info from some really obscure IT forums but, would love to participate in a more focused exchange that covers data-tape post workflow in general.

I've found that we user / owners of these systems really understand how they integrate into a post environment MUCH more than the companies that make the hardware (and we're WAY more responsive given production timelines ;) and I know I've discovered tricks and tips I would have loved to have had access to when we put our system online for the first time 7 months ago! And last but not least, a forum like this would inevitably get the various company reps to start dropping by and learning how our industry is really using their products and also realizing that we are a legit market for their products, IF they refine them for our industry. Anyway, just a suggestion...

Cheers!

---
R. Michael Lovelady
Central Planning, LLC
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

cow
Kim RowleyRe: New Forum Suggestion
by on Jun 16, 2008 at 7:35:36 am

I second the motion! Or archiving in general...
Cheers!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.02), OS X10.4.11

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]