CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Moderation - How Long?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Gerard ReidyModeration - How Long?
by on Jun 12, 2008 at 11:35:51 am

Hi Folks,

I'm just wondering because I'm a new member, how long do I have to wait for my thread and post moderation to end. Not that I'm complaining but it's tough when you're looking for a quick solution that hasn't been discussed before in the forums and then have to wait a day for the post to go up and maybe another day before a reply?

Return to posts index

cow
Tim WilsonRe: Moderation - How Long?
by on Jun 12, 2008 at 12:15:59 pm

One of the side effects of our rapid growth is that we maxed out our servers. We've spent a lot of time recently doubling our capacity, so the Cow will be much much faster.

One of the side effects of THAT is that we had a lot of things to move around. Your account should be smooth sailing from here.

Best,
Tim

Tim Wilson
Associate Director, CreativeCow.net
Associate Publisher, Creative Cow Magazine!

Return to posts index

cow
Gerard ReidyRe: Moderation - How Long?
by on Jun 12, 2008 at 12:22:20 pm

Fantastic, Cheers for that Tim. Does this mean I can post without moderation from now on?

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: Moderation - How Long?
by on Jun 12, 2008 at 1:21:13 pm

Yes, you are off moderation now. We do not automatically approve accounts after the first post, we usually wait a post or two to see what type of posts the user makes. We work hard to make sure that this site is full of useful information and one of the ways that we accomplish this, is that we do not automatically unmoderate accounts when they are first added as many sites do. It makes a new member's first few posts experience a short delay but we are quick with approvals and in the end our site membership appreciates the fact that it all produces a site without all the spam, flame wars and other stuff that most forums are full of.

Thanks for your understanding,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Shawn CollinsRe: Moderation - How Long?
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:56:35 pm

Just curious as to how long moderation lasts for uploaded videos, as opposed to posts. Just uploaded a video last night, and today I'm under moderation. I appreciate any timeline you fine folks may be able to provide. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]