Joe RugbyCOWmedy Club lounge?
by on May 29, 2008 at 8:38:03 pm

Bessie,

Where'd your joke forum go?

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: COWmedy Club lounge?
by on May 29, 2008 at 8:51:59 pm

Many people took it into the sewer and so Bessie became increasingly embarrassed as she is quite G-rated at heart.

It became a casualty of nature, as the nature of the forum changed from one in which comedy was the course of the show, into one wherein many of the jokes were not funny but were insulting and crude.

So, we sent it off to pasture.

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

cow
Roger MillerRe: COWmedy Club lounge?
by on May 30, 2008 at 10:28:29 pm

Ron,

I can appreciate the need to keep jokes rated 'G', however I also must say that the Lounge was a high point for me after doing my usual research through the other wonderful forums without having to leave the Cow. Yes, there were some udderly tasteless attempts at humor, but I think they could have been 'moderated' out.

Since jokes do not have to be timely as the other postings, I would be happy to be a moderator and only let the 'G' rated ones through. After a hard day pushing electrons and digits around in a pleasing and profitable way, it is only fitting that one take a moment to reflect and perhaps laugh at the human condition.

Roger Miller
Always ready for a good joke in the Land of 10,000 Lakes

Return to posts index

cow
by on May 31, 2008 at 12:05:48 am

If you would like to host, we'd love to get it back online. We just didn't have time anymore. It became of a casualty of the fact that we couldn't keep an eye on it any longer.

If you'd like to host and moderate that one, please write Kathlyn at kathlyn@creativecow.net

But to clarify: We have never demanded that all jokes be "G" rated. In fact, there have been many jokes that were edgey that we let go when we did moderate that forum. The line is crossed when they are bigoted, really over the top sexually -- or some other form of thing designed to shock with perversity or brutality or senseless stereotyping of a person or group, or things designed to denigrate or otherwise enrage or anger an individual or group of people.

Thanks, Roger.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index

cow
Bret GoldsworthyRe: COWmedy Club lounge?
by on May 31, 2008 at 8:37:44 pm

I know I posted a couple of “edgy” ones but I never posted anything I considered bigoted, racially offensive or insulting, designed to shock with perversity or brutality, would senselessly stereotype a person or group, or designed to denigrate or otherwise enrage or anger an individual or group of people. Call me thin skinned but hey, I can find a speech by George Bush morally offensive. I have never considered myself to be the arbiter of good taste but in short, offence was never my intention. Sincere apologies to all if any of the jokes I had submitted offended or contributed to the axing of the Cowmedy club lounge. The world really does need a bit more humour. Creative Cow is without a doubt one of the few decent sites on this whole worldwide sewer that is the Internet. Personally, I felt that the lounge needed a little “edginess” as there seemed to be a lot of “duck walks into a chemist” type jokes. Truly, nine out of ten didn’t even elicit a “ha” let alone a “ha ha ha” but then again, it seems plenty of people found the three stooges funny. One man likes a trumpet and the next man likes a trombone I guess. For my part, henceforth, I will steer well clear of anything to do with humour on the COW and, as inoffensively as possible; continue to milk the COW for her unsurpassed technical advice.

Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Today is a Gift

Return to posts index

cow
by on May 31, 2008 at 9:19:55 pm

I happen to like the edgy ones, Bret. And probably even more than you, I find Bush's remarks not only often laughable but more importantly, ones that sadden me beyond belief.

While yes, only a small number of COWmedy Club jokes crossed the line into acutely offensive and demeaning posts, still they happened -- and as I said, neither I nor Kathlyn nor Tim have had time to go in there and keep an eye on it. So, the forum got killed.

Were we trying to be the arbiter of all morality??? No. But we have NEVER said that this site is dedicated to free speech -- in fact, we have clearly and straightforwardly said since its inception that it isn't -- and so when we saw it becoming something that had little to do with what we wanted this site to be, we killed it. It seems that this move offends you, if so and I read you correctly, please feel free to take offense. It's your call. But when it comes to what this site will be, that's our call -- just as we are the ones who pay the tens of thousands of dollars each month to keep it moving and happening.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index

cow
Bret GoldsworthyRe: COWmedy Club lounge?
by on Jun 1, 2008 at 3:33:15 am

I’m honestly not offended, but was motivated to post my sincere regret if I had offended anyone.
Thanks for Creative COW Ron, as Photoshop is to graphic artists, so Bessie is to creative people the world over. May she long remain garbage free!

Kind regards,
Bret Goldsworthy

Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Today is a Gift

Return to posts index

cow
by on Jun 1, 2008 at 3:40:45 am

Thanks for the clarification, Bret. I had surgery a week or so ago and am still a little cranky. I appreciate you taking the time to explain what you meant, I guess my stitched and healing areas are not the only things a little touchy right now.

My apologies.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]