CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Search for Author Purgatory

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Mike ClasbySearch for Author Purgatory
by on May 26, 2008 at 1:40:30 am

I read you can add the authors name into a search to help direct the search. Adding Dan Ebberts name into a search doesn't really restrict the search as desired.

Sorry to say this because you guys are great, this site is great, but... search now is not great. It's so bad now I know I won't be able to find an old pearl of Dan's, or anything author related. Hope it gets better with the new Search Engine.

Return to posts index

cow
Mike ClasbyRe: Search for Author Purgatory
by on May 26, 2008 at 1:46:11 am

Specifically I was looking for the position of a Child layer via a Dan expression, and I think I could have found it by now in olden days.

There seems to be more noise in the Search replies (not very closely related returns, and lots of them).

Sorry for whining.

Return to posts index

cow
Tim WilsonRe: Search for Author Purgatory
by on May 26, 2008 at 1:59:04 am

It's not whining at all! It's somewhere between a bug report and a feature request. You've even given us what we need to reproduce the issue.

As you may have seen in threads below, we are indeed at work on the search engine. We'll be sure to look specifically at the example you give. We'd HATE for Dan to get lost. :-)

Thanks Mike!

Tim

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: Search for Author Purgatory
by on May 30, 2008 at 3:02:13 am

It's only whining when I am in a really bad mood or somethin'.

:o)

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]