CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Problem changing my email associated with my account

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Peter LitwinowiczProblem changing my email associated with my account
by on Apr 10, 2008 at 8:29:17 pm

I want to change my email address from what it is currently to a new one (so I can get reduce the amount of spammers knocking on my door... see my previous post).

I went to the the “change email address” portion of the account setting and retrieved a confirmation code. Then I typed in my new email address, password and confirmation code I received and I get this: Sorry, Can't Match Your Email Address with your Code

I’m confused... I’ve tried this several times and can’t get the system to accept my new email address.

help?

Return to posts index

cow
Abraham ChaffinRe: Problem changing my email associated with my account
by on Apr 10, 2008 at 8:51:45 pm

The form you're talking about is here:
http://forums.creativecow.net/docs/account/email_change.php

To use this form you should already be logged into the account you want to modify. Put your desired email address in the top field and your password in the middle field - click go. An email will be sent to you with a code. Re enter your information along with the code when you receive it and click go again. Your email address will be changed.

If for some reason you can't get this to work feel free to contact me directly and I will help you confirm your email address and change it.

Abraham

Return to posts index

cow
Peter LitwinowiczRe: Problem changing my email associated with my account
by on Apr 10, 2008 at 9:00:00 pm

[Abraham Chaffin] "To use this form you should already be logged into the account you want to modify. "

I was.

[Abraham Chaffin] "Put your desired email address in the top field and your password in the middle field - click go. An email will be sent to you with a code. Re enter your information along with the code when you receive it and click go again. Your email address will be changed. "

Again, did that. Did not work.

Anyhow, the powers-that-be fixed it, so I'm good now.
Pete

Return to posts index

cow
Abraham ChaffinRe: Problem changing my email associated with my account
by on Apr 10, 2008 at 9:02:06 pm

I checked the mechanism on that page and it did need updating. We recently updated our databases and this page got overlooked - apologies, should be fixed now.

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]