CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Filmmaking store

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Algis JuozasFilmmaking store
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 2:42:39 pm

Recently I have stumbled upon this store - https://www.studentfilmmakers.com/store/. They seem to have a nice selection of filmmaking-related books and software, and also their prices seem to be the lowest I've seen so far. Even lower than Amazon, from what it seems. Did anyone here buy something from them? Is there any catch that I am not seeing, or is it really that great of a deal? Thanks.

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: Filmmaking store
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 2:52:03 pm

The catch is that when you place your order, you have to prove that you are a student. They usually require a form of identification like a student body card or the like.

The prices are not available to the general public and in order to keep their license agreements and retailer status with their various suppliers, they have to check their customers and document that they are legitimate students.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Would you like to be in Creative COW Magazine with your story or contributi...

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index

cow
Lana BovaRe: Filmmaking store
by on Mar 31, 2008 at 2:14:23 pm

Not true. I mean, maybe they used to do that before. But I just have ordered one of their book-software packages recently and got it fine, without anybody asking me for id or anything. Oh, and I am not a student anyway.

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: Filmmaking store
by on Mar 31, 2008 at 2:46:13 pm

If a few more people log in here and say that, they'll lose a wide range of their products. I know many of the companies they sell for and they DO require authentication and if they aren't doing it -- well, let's just say that they won't be the first company to lose their license to sell educational copies.

Thanks for the report.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Would you like to be in Creative COW Magazine with your story or contributi...

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index

cow
Lana BovaRe: Filmmaking store
by on Mar 31, 2008 at 7:59:13 pm

Hi,

Well, I've bought the gorilla soft, and it was the professional edition, so i don't know if they are selling the educational license at all..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]