CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

A suggestion for the Tutorial section

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Alan TonnA suggestion for the Tutorial section
by on Feb 23, 2008 at 6:59:18 pm

Hello

I love this site. It is such a wealth of information on video production and if it didnt exist I wouldnt be where I am as a video artist.

I didnt know who to contact about this, or how to make this suggestion, but I have been thinking how useful it would be for all users of the site.

There are a lot of tutorials and contibutors and the amount of stuff to look through in the tutorial section is huge. I would suggest, since the amount of material there isn't shrinking, that it be categorized. It would be nice if users could just click on the tutorial section for the program that they are looking for material on and get only those tutorials.

Thanks for the most helpful site I have ever known, and thanks for taking time to read this feedback.

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: A suggestion for the Tutorial section
by on Feb 23, 2008 at 7:37:37 pm

Thank you for the kind words about the COW. They are appreciated.

There is a way to do what you ask: the tutorial section can be sorted by author, by application or by other ways as well. Just look at the links at the top of the tutorials section, to the right side, etc.

At the top, you will find broad categories and author links. To the right, you will find applications and other deeper ways to sort through the tutorials.

I have done a screen capture and have highlighted these links with a reddish overlay. Here they are so that you can see them...

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Would you like to be in Creative COW Magazine with your story or contributi...

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index

cow
Alan TonnRe: A suggestion for the Tutorial section
by on Feb 24, 2008 at 12:44:29 am

i feel so stupid.

i dont know how i missed this.

imeadiately after i posted i went "browsing" which is something i dont know if i have done before here. usually i end up searching the site.

my bad, sorry for the needless post.

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: A suggestion for the Tutorial section
by on Feb 24, 2008 at 2:17:14 am

You don't owe us an apology, Alan. There are so many features in the COW that I doubt that most of our users know a 10th of them.

Bet you didn't know that we don't have an interface but instead have THREE of them. Bet you didn't know that, did you? ;o)

You can set our interface to threads (our default interface), or a topical style (as some forums systems use), or a date sort presentation that some prefer. (You will find these features just below our host pictures in any of the forums here at the COW.)

This site is full of stuff like that. Just click on buttons and use some of the pulldowns -- there are all kinds of things hidden all over the COW.

Find a great big thread with lots of replies in one of our forums. Then click the green "T" next to the first (original) post that started any of the great big threads in our forums and watch what happens. ;o)

Have fun, Alan, and thanks for being a part of the COW.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Would you like to be in Creative COW Magazine with your story or contributi...

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index

cow
Tim WilsonRe: A suggestion for the Tutorial section
by on Feb 24, 2008 at 4:16:55 am

Another tip for navigating the library that I just found out about.

When you're on the index page of your favorite forums, where all the posts are listed, just click on the name of the forum. That is, on the big letters under the leader pictures.

Clicking there will bring up all the articles tagged with that forum!

Now, some of these are spot on -- in the P2 forum, some tutorials on P2 workflow, as well as stories of P2 production in action.

But that category also includes the story on Apple skipping a booth at NAB this year because that forum has such a dramatic majority of FCP users.

Unlike, say, the HDV forum, where the split is much more even. As a result, that Apple story is NOT tagged for the HDV forum.

In any case, you can find the whole range of articles and tutorials for every forum simply by clicking on the name of the forum itself on the page with the posts.

DEFINITELY no need to apologize for that one, ssez me. I've been coming to the Cow since the second day (I was absent the first day), and like I said, only found out about this one quite recently.

As Ron points out, the Cow's interface is very rich indeed....

w

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]