CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Something new not always something good

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
David Roth WeissSomething new not always something good
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 12:33:40 am

The wranglers of Cow code seem to have changed something overnight, or so it appears, and I'm not liking it for some reason.

I can't even tell what changed exactly, because of course I have nothing but memories to compare it with, but to the best of my recollection it seems that you guys altered "view entire thread." I don't know what your objective was, but there's something not right about it, and it seems harder to follow visually now.

Sorry... I wish it was perfect, but its not.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

cow
David Roth WeissSmaller font size = big problem
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 9:15:08 am

Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to throw down the gauntlet on this one.

It took me a while, but I finally figured out that across the entire Cow you sneaky folks dropped the font size of all text, including subject headers and messages. If you wanted to slip it in completely unnoticed, you probably should have taken down all the sticky notes with subject headers written with the old "pre-puny" font, then I wouldn't have figured it out.

Why does this suck? Let me count the ways...

1. On my Windows machine, clicking on View--Text Size does nothing to increase the puny text.

2. Its ridiculously difficult to read.

3. The scale of the new text size to the size of the ads, which was never a problem before, now seems grossly disproportional.

4. In Safari all of this can at least be dealt with by clicking on Make Text Bigger, but even that is a pain.

5. And finally, as you can probably tell, this makes me very unhappy.

David :( :( :( :( :(

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

cow
Abraham ChaffinRe: Smaller font size = big problem
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 4:05:26 pm

Hey David,

I believe you are speaking of the font at the top of the posts inside the gray box? Universally the font size wasn't changed of the main site but there has been alteration there.

Is the portion of text that is smaller on this image and what part specifically?

Creative COW Interface

I believe the font of parts A B and C have been reduced in size as we did change the look in that portion of the site yesterday. The font size of D I don't believe has changed.

The fonts do look different in other browsers - this screen shot is what I see in Firefox on windows but I'm sure you have a different perspective. What portion specifically is causing problems for you?

Abraham

Return to posts index

cow
David Roth WeissRe: Smaller font size = big problem
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 5:48:17 pm

Hi Abraham,
D is my biggest concern. Yes, I can see that A,B, and C changed, but I think D may also have changed. Its possible that until yesterday I was increasing the size of the font through controls in Internet Explorer, and that may be why I never complained about 9pt text before. But, it seems the recent changes have now locked that functionality in Internet Explorer. Its still works in Safari on the MAC side however.

As far as B, C, and D are concerned, I believe the sense of scale between the messages and the ads seemed suddenly to have become glaringly disproportionate, and that's coming from a friend of the Cow and a capitalist who's never, ever complained about ads before.

Also, whatever changes were made to "read the entire thread" mode have somehow made that more "visually challenging."

As you can tell, for some reason this latest batch of changes has driven me completely nutty, so please take that as a sign that something is amiss...

THNX,
David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

cow
Abraham ChaffinRe: Smaller font size = big problem
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 7:13:48 pm

We've made a number of adjustments now to increase the font size, and make things more defined. The majority of the text in the site (Part D) hasn't been altered to or from what it has been for a long time. I've checked in a number of browsers and hope the changes clear the problem up for you.

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]