CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

new Froum - how is the workflow?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gunnarnew Froum - how is the workflow?
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 1:21:43 pm

hello everybody,

how is the workflow, when you want to install a new forum, what has to be provided (maybe somebody need's to agree to make the 'leader')?
Has there ever been any idea to provide opensource applications (having 'blender' and 'cinelerra' in mind) forums?

Gunnar

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: new Froum - how is the workflow?
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 10:14:32 pm

Hello Gunnar,

We would add them but only if there were hosts for the forums. Forums without hosts never survive in the COW and we have removed forums over the years that had so little activity that we removed them from our list of supported applications. We want our forums to be useful, not like some sites which boast 400 or more forums -- of which only a handful or less have any measurable traffic at all. It is hard to build a community if no one is there.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index

gunnarRe: new Froum - how is the workflow?
by on Dec 11, 2007 at 2:25:06 am

hey Ron,

thanks for the reply. I see your point. It's quite simple and plausible.
Seems as if I needed to find somebody willing to host and convince people to be active participants. To host it myself I am lacking the knowledge (would help a lot to be able to answer some posts here and then, right?).

Let me think about it and then I might come back to it later.

thx for the moment anyway.... Gunnar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]