CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Saturation Advertising

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete AllenSaturation Advertising
by on Oct 25, 2007 at 10:54:19 pm

Well, this is advertising at it's ugliest, I for one think this is way over the top and, will limit my presence to the minimum.
OK, a little advertising to generate income but, this is way too much.

Return to posts index

Cow News DroidRe: Saturation Advertising
by on Oct 25, 2007 at 11:14:11 pm

It takes a lot of money to be able to give away nearly a thousand free tutorials in our library, free podcasts (that the bulk of are every bit as good as many of the pay training tools), a free magazine that isn't full of pandering "reviews" of advertised products, etc., etc.

Business takes money. Sorry but that's the reality of business.

CreativeCOW.net

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Saturation Advertising
by on Oct 26, 2007 at 11:18:57 am

Also, the bandwidth for over 1.3 million posts in our library, viewed by 500,000 visitors every month. Our internet bill alone is staggering.

Tim Wilson, Creative Cow
My Cow Blog
Join my LinkedIn network

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Saturation Advertising
by on Oct 26, 2007 at 2:45:06 pm

Lastly, I would also add that aside from all of the direct-benefit-to-members costs like all of the free articles and video tutorials, reviews, magazines, podcasts, along with the staggering costs of maintaining the bandwidth of (according to Google Analytics) 794,207 visits made by 465,627 unique visitors a month -- all of this content is here and things continue to grow and expand because there are multiple people who work on this full time.

This long ago passed the point where it was a hobby. Truth be told, it was a hobby for a long time -- until it ate up all of our money supporting it; then it had to turn into a business.

But we never felt that this was a site for everyone and some people love it and some people hate it. We don't labor under the assumption that everyone likes us or will visit this site.

But the nearly half million people that do every month include about 20% who come back over and over and do many pageviews per visit. Then there are the next 40% or so who come from time to time and make far less lengthy visits. The balance are the one-timers who come from search engines and find a link to a specific thing they need at the moment and that's that...

In the end, Rick Nelson was right: You can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]