CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Forum format & Visited Links

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff MForum format & Visited Links
by on Oct 19, 2007 at 5:13:42 pm

Before I start - the concept and content of this website are awesome! I don't post very often, but I've been visiting for years now.

VISITED LINKS
Is it possible to change the color of visited links to something that is not so hard on the eyes? The orange color is burning a hole through my skull when I go back to forums that I have visited and see all of the very hard to read color scheme.

CLICK HERE LINKS DO NOT OPEN IN NEW WINDOW
-------------------
Can you please change the "click here" links that are visibible when writing a message to "open in a new window." I had a response written and clicked on one because I had a question about html links, and it opened it in the window that my message was in, effectively deleting my message.

Example:
Note: If you are a registered user and you do not see your name and email in the two respective fields below, you may reset your account cookies by clicking here. Your post will not be accepted if the name and email provided above are not currently registered in our database.

And
Note: The following characters are HTML command characters, and may cause parts of your post to disappear, if not used correctly: < > &. For more on how to post, click here.
-----------------

It's a minor issue, but it irritated the heck out of me when I clicked on the second one the other day.

FORUM FORMAT
All of the clicking necessary to navigate the forum threads is sometimes mindboggling. Any chance that changes are in the works to update this site so that you can see all of the responses without having to click on so many links? To forum standard like any of the following:

I appologize for the following bright orange hyperlinks:

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/forum/index.php?s=c94f682c7e807989ed7f741649694...

http://www.pana3ccduser.com/

Thanks again!

Jeff

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: Forum format & Visited Links
by on Oct 19, 2007 at 6:14:26 pm

Jeff thank you for your feedback - much appreciated.

"VISITED LINKS"

When the site was reconstructed into its new format the visited links were not converted to the orange for a time. We received complaints from people who wanted the orange links back. I personally don't mind the orange. More on this subject a little later.

"CLICK HERE LINKS DO NOT OPEN IN NEW WINDOW"

Good idea - I've changed this now.

"FORUM FORMAT"

There has been many people suggesting this but the problem is that people have been using our custom forum format for many years now. The COW tends to lean more to pleasing the faithful ones who have been here from the beginning and are use to the way the COW operates (visited links as well) than standardizing our system to the modern php forum format.

There is topic view that is like these formats
http://forums.creativecow.net/viewforum/1?view=s

You can choose to make this your view format of preference in your account management
http://forums.creativecow.net/docs/account/edit.php

If you click on the green Ts that will let you view the entire thread of each post.

Again thank you for your feedback and though maybe we didn't do all your suggestions we won't forget your recommendation.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Jeff MRe: Forum format & Visited Links
by on Oct 19, 2007 at 7:15:07 pm

That was quick. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Forum format & Visited Links
by on Oct 22, 2007 at 7:08:48 pm

[Abraham] "CLICK HERE LINKS DO NOT OPEN IN NEW WINDOW"

There was a reason that we didn't do this. The reason had to do with the way that -- as part of their security/anti-spam features -- some browsers will not open links in a new window to save users from sites that force pop-unders, new windows, etc., as a means of sending spam.

Please change it back.

Thank you,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]