CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

moderation

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark cookmanmoderation
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 10:28:08 am

I would like a Slashdot style tolerance setting for threads:
All users get the occasional chance to moderate for usefulness and so trim the thread reading load.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: moderation
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 12:42:42 pm

FWIW, to quote their FAQ page, Slashdot's own "crazy tag thing" is still "very beta."

In the meantime, we prefer a more positive approach: each post has a "rate this post" option. Helpful posts naturally rise to the top.

These are also exposed in the "Tags" feature in the Forum navigation sub-menu. Most often tagged posts are shown in the main block, with the ability to view tags within forums by clicking the links at the right.

While we're not in beta, we are "very 1.0," and appreciate you pointing us in possible future directions.

Best,
Tim

tim(at)creativecow(dot)net

My Cow Blog
Join my LinkedIn network

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Ron LindeboomRe: moderation -- there is none, and none planned but what is...
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 8:12:52 pm

We have removed any moderation from the COW and the only kind that we now have in place is for the most blatant forms of profanity and the like.

As to allowing users to set filters on what threads they see or do not see, we have talked about that kind of thing and have some plans wherein members will be able to self-regulate what they see, etc., but that is a ways off.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]