CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

slow loading of new cow

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowleyslow loading of new cow
by on Sep 22, 2007 at 12:10:05 pm

Hi all, ever since your interface change I am getting extremely long page loads on the forums. (The home page loads immediately) but most of the other catagories need downright minutes to load. For example if I click the forums button the forum page redirects immediately as do pretty quickly the adds left and right, but for a couple of minutes the rest of the page (posts) is white. I have been doing a major editing job and haven't had the time to sit down and figure out why, but finally today's the day. I noticed in one thread (took almost 10 minutes to get the whole thread loaded!) that you suggest turning off java script. At the risk of looking stupid, I can't for the life of me see where to do that...could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.1.2, OS X10.4.8

Return to posts index

Mark PalmosRe: slow loading of new cow
by on Sep 28, 2007 at 9:43:49 am

hi Kim
it is javascript... disable it in your browser prefs and it will be as fast as it used to be.
i hope that is fixed soon, javascript is a necessity for many sites.
till later
mark.

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: slow loading of new cow
by on Sep 28, 2007 at 12:52:41 pm

Kim,

This has been happening L-O-N-G before the interface change. It started about a year ago and affects a small percentage of users.

The issue, as Mark Palmos points out (which we've tried to explain to him), is Javascript. Turn it off when you visit the COW.

Why?

Because some service providers will take no issue from bigger sites like an Amazon, a Google, an Apple or a YouTube -- but they take issue and throw security filtering when it's used by smaller sites like the COW.

Are we doing anything sinister? Nope. We do not collect nor track our user data and we do not sell our member database, which amounts to your username and address -- as I said, we do not track our users and we are not compiling data like Google, etc.

So, if you want the COW to speed up again, turn off Javascript.

Best,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]