CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Search Window.

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JeremyGSearch Window.
by on Sep 20, 2007 at 2:43:00 pm

Love the new direction of the cow site, everything looks much better, is pretty easy to navigate and use and the information and knowledge is of course, like nothing else. I really like the cross referencing feature you have at the top of some forums, like being able to go straight to the Varicam forum from the P2 forum. Nice touch.

Now that I have all the niceties out in the open, I have a request about the search window. I was wondering if you could add a tick box in the search window that will just search the current forum you are in. I understand the logic of how it's setup now (as in type in query, hit search and see what you get across all forums), but there's times when I am looking for something super specific, I know exactly what forum it's in and it'd be nice to just search that forum instead of going through all of them. I guess this is a little micro issue, but it would save me miliseconds of precious time. For example, if I want to search for a previous thread to copy the link in order to answer a current thread, it'd be cool to be in the FCP forum, click search and search for "Kona down-convert JeremyG". Does that make sense or am I blowing smoke?

Thanks and keep up the fantastic work.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: Search Window.
by on Sep 20, 2007 at 3:10:54 pm

Good suggestion - We are in the process of redesigning the nav in each forum and we will incorporate that in the redesign.

The new look should be a little cleaner and we are going to unfortunately remove the nursing cow, as much as I know everyone loves it =)

Abraham

Return to posts index

msacciRe: Search Window.
by on Sep 20, 2007 at 6:16:58 pm

Where is the cross reference forums, I don't see them.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 20, 2007 at 6:24:19 pm

In certain forums we have built in the sub navigation bar links that cross reference other areas. The sub navigation bar is below the main orange navigation bar. In this bar by default is

FORUMS: list list (w/ descriptions) archive tags

in certain forums like Panasonic forums we have a sub navbar such as

PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

go here to see

Other forums like After Effects or FCP have tutorials, podcasts and other related resources built into their sub navigation. This is slowly developing more and more since it is actually built semi manually.

Abraham

Return to posts index

JeremyGRe: Search Window.
by on Sep 20, 2007 at 11:20:58 pm

Awesome and many thanks!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

JeremyGRe: Search Window.
by on Sep 21, 2007 at 1:14:04 am

Holy cud muffins that was fast!

Excellent.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2007 at 1:27:45 am

hehe
Well it was already in the works and Ron had a sketch of the redesign on his screen right before you said something. Your note just inspired us to actually get it done today =0

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]