CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
adguy31Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 6:27:20 pm

Ron and Kathlyn,

How is this happening? I have been a long, long, long time subscriber and poster to the COW and purposely didn't send you anything as a press release when the show I host "Doing Indy" was nominated too. I wouldn't have expected the COW to do something like this and to remain impartial.

Do you want the we submit a release to you to open the flood gates of other video podcasters who have been nominated so that this opening page has multiple stories about their shows? This show started as a project of mine two years ago and has since grown into an award-winning show. We made a decision not to send a press release to you based on my advice that the COW is an impartial source of "all things creative." And, now I see this. WOW! I am disappointed!

Seth

PS - While there is no significant call to action here it is implicitly implied.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

cow
Kathlyn LindeboomRe: Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 6:46:34 pm

I'm not really sure why you're so upset and disappointed.

We like promoting our members and leaders. It's our way of giving back to them. Jon's a leader in the COW and a long time member and when his PR person sent me the press release, I put it up. I'm also a subscriber of the podcast, because I find it really interesting.

We recently ran an article from Walter Biscardi letting our members know how to write a press release, just so that our members could let us know what they're up to. We like to know and we like to promote it. I think it fosters community.

You've been a long time member, feel free to send me your press release. If it causes, every Joe Blow out there with a podcast to also send me a press release, then so be it. I'll gladly wade through Joe's press release about whatever and pick out the things that I think might be of interest to our members.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

cow
adguy31Re: Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 7:00:25 pm

I just never knew that to be the case or thought this was something of interest to the COW. I would gladly send you the release about out show as we were a finalist in last year's "Travel" category and have been "upgraded" to Best Video and Best Produced.

Also, I always wanted to send you something but didn't want to make it seem unfair to others out there who don't have a PR machine behind them. Now that I know I can send you something and it won't be viewed as unfair then I have will have our PR staff forward you our release. Thanks for getting back with me and clarifying. I greatly appreciate it. And, if it helps Doing Indy get votes then so be it.

Seth

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Tim WilsonRe: Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 7:03:19 pm

I just posted very nearly the same answer in the News forum, suggesting that this discussion be posted here instead! :-)

For folks reading the thread here, I'll say what I did there: back in January, we sent out a newsletter BEGGING COW members and visitors to submit their news through our PR mechanism. As Kathlyn says, we WANT to promote fellow COWs.

We look forward to your announcements...which hopefully include an award in the very near future!

Tim

Return to posts index

cowcow
Jonathan MillerRe: Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 7:34:55 pm

Yes, sorry, I posted in the News forum as well.

Seth (and Kathlyn), just for the record, my PR machine is me, sitting at my Mac Pro with my cat curled around my feet late in the evening while my pregnant wife is sound asleep upstairs.

It can seem very difficult to shout out to the world about yourself. But it's totally OK. My first press release to the COW about The Rest of Everest got me an invitation to join the Podcasting Forum as a leader. Visit the forum, and you can tell I really enjoy being there. Whish there was more traffic, but that's another story...(there will be, I just have to be patient).

Podcasting is a lot of work and I just want as many people to see the show as are interested. I know there are a lot more people out there that would love the show that will just never know about it. Every time I send out a press release I get new viewers and I get some wonderful emails from new audience members thanking me for putting the show together. I'm so fortunate that my little "after hours" project is touching people in some way. In some cases, profoundly.

I also cross-promote with other podcasters and that has not only been mutually successful, but a lot of fun.

Press releases can be extremely powerful tools. Don't feel that you don't deserve the right to have something posted. You surely do.

Jon

TreeLine Productions
Fort Collins, CO USA

Currently producing these popular podcasts:

Return to posts index

cowcow
adguy31Re: Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 9:20:55 pm

Jon,

No worries! I was just not aware that they wanted this type of thing... here. And, I have no problem promoting our show and getting the word out. I just never knew that we could do something like this here and didn't want to see an unfair advantage in the voting. So, now that I know, I say GAME ON! :)

Peace,
Seth

Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

cow
Jonathan MillerRe: Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 7, 2007 at 9:30:31 pm

Rock on.

I'm heading to the expo no matter what. I'm just blown away that I was nominated.

Time to hang out and talk shop with other podcasters!!

Jon

TreeLine Productions
Fort Collins, CO USA

Currently producing these popular podcasts:

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: Recent podcast awards posting - REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
by on Aug 8, 2007 at 4:01:01 am

Yes, we love telling the stories of those who make up the COW. :o)

While Jonathan may be his own PR machine, Seth, we are the PR machine for those who are involved with the COW.

Congratulations to you both on your nominations. Good luck to you both at the podcasting expo.

Best,

Ron, Kathlyn, Tim & All the Udder Bovines

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]