CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Refined: Can We Have Better Forum-Naming Etiquette for NewTek?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
CreativGRefined: Can We Have Better Forum-Naming Etiquette for NewTek?
by on Apr 17, 2007 at 8:26:19 pm

Hi folks. I love your recent magazine, and the site is utterly cool, but one thing has disturbed me for quite sometime.

You fine folks have got to correct the spelling of NewTek's corporate name. I've made mention to the VT-VT[4] forum administrator almost 2 years ago, about that dreaded lowercase "t" in the name of the company that makes VideoToaster[2] thru VT[4]. The forum name *should* be "VT and SpeedEDIT by NewTek"

Looks like you've spruced up the appearance of your site again, you've got something a bit screwy with the VT forum.

It *should* be listed with the manufacturer's name first, Also, that manufacturer's name ought to be spelled correctly (it isn't, as it needs the upper-case "T", so it renders as "NewTek".

Again, the forum looks unprofessional, and is listed incorrectly. To be honest, the forum name should corrected to reflect the current product's market placement and packaging, thus,

"NewTek VT and SpeedEDIT" forum is appropriate. A person should find this by looking in the Forum search area under the letter "N", not "V".

I truly love what the COW has offered us over these amazing years, but this snafu really needs to be taken care of now. Makes you guys look less professional than you really are.

I've forwarded a copy of this message to Paul Lara, NewTek's Product Evangelist, and also to Robert Wilson, the VT Forum administrator.

I trust the COW isn't offended by this request for a more polished, user-friendly, and professional means of catering to the users of NewTek's fine live and post-production product, because I must say, "The COW rocks!"

I can be contacted at 240.688.8141 anytime.
Thanks for listening.
Peter Benson
Bowie, MD

Return to posts index

cow
Tim WilsonRe: Refined: Can We Have Better Forum-Naming Etiquette for NewTek?
by on Apr 17, 2007 at 8:48:11 pm

[CreativG] "I trust the COW isn't offended by this request...."

Fortunately, COWs have thick hides.

As you can see, construction is still underway, and we'll be sure to add this to our to-do list. Thanks very much for the heads up.

Best,
Tim

Return to posts index

cow
Ron LindeboomRe: Refined: Can We Have Better Forum-Naming Etiquette for NewTek?
by on Apr 18, 2007 at 12:17:11 pm

Hello Peter,

I have, for years, wanted to call it NewTek VT but was asked in the beginning to list it as VT first as they felt that VideoToaster was bigger in people's minds than NewTek itself.

It has always looked odd to me and very unprofessional but we didn't come up with that naming scheme. We were asked to do it that way.

It has always seemed very bizarre to me and irritated me enough that one time, long ago, I did change it and was asked to change it back.

It's one of those damned-if-we-do-and-damned-if-we-don't thingies.

Oh well,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]