CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

iWeb

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sanford LewisiWeb
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 7:27:09 am

I think this week's podcast vastly exaggerated the value of iWeb. Although it does look good, tt has some serious flaws. For instance, you end up having to reupload massive amounts of data every time you make a change to a page (even the images and videos!) Also it frequently has glitches in which the only workaround seems to be to delete the enter site from the dot mac account and reupload. And you can't put your own html code (e.g. counters, etc.) into a page, but instead have to do a complicated workaround. In my experience tts VERY 1.0, and not something I'd urge others to run out and get. Maybe they'll work out these problems in 2.0.

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: iWeb
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 3:30:23 pm

Hello Sanford -- again,

As I said to you in the Cow's Podcast forum, we would never use iWeb continuously, as both the initial creation tool and then later as the management tool.

What we see iWeb great at, is to initially get things set up so that you can see how it's all constructed and parts integrated, etc. From then on, we'd use standard FTP and other tools to manage it.

All we see iWeb for, is as a teaching aid and set-up tool -- at which it is great. After that, it's up to you to use the standard tools to do all the maintenance, etc.

iWeb is a great tool for teaching users to quickly set-up and begin to build some very complex multi-faceted websites that would be far, far harder to learn and deploy without iWeb than with it. So we will stand by our opinion of iWeb and respectfully choose to disagree with you.

Lastly, please do not make posts across a bunch of forums as it really just becomes noise and then we would be forced to throw your account into moderated status to protect the signal-to-noise ratio. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]