CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

NAME CHANGE

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Vick in MichiganNAME CHANGE
by on Dec 6, 2005 at 7:07:18 pm

Tried to change my profile but couldn't because of a warning about no longer allowing screen names with less than 8 characters. So I changed my name now any of my previous thread won't highlight in red since the name is different.

What to do? I want to keep my previous name Bob Vick

b

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Eric BlissRe: NAME CHANGE
by on Dec 6, 2005 at 7:27:20 pm

Hello Bob.

Well, you can go ahead and change your name back to Bob Vick now. We've reduced the number of characters needed in your name back down to six. It's a bit of trouble, since we want to make sure people use unique names, rather than just say, "Tom", "Dick", and "Harry". Problem is we've got plenty of old users who have shorter names, so we're still trying to find the balance point between making users use longer names and still allowing our old members to keep their names. So, for the moment, we're dropping the length requirement for old names back down to six characters, which will allow you to go back to your old name.

Also, on a side note, as you can see, I've gotten the bug for posting in this forum fixed. Now you've only gotta click the "I know what I'm doing, and this is the forum I want to post in" button once. Thanks for mentioning that earlier.

Eric Bliss

systems design and integration
CreativeCow.Net

int main(void) {
printf("Hello World!n");
}

Return to posts index

Bob Vick in MichiganRe: NAME CHANGE
by on Dec 6, 2005 at 10:04:12 pm

Thanks so much for Eric. After more than 800 posts, I was bummed to have to change my name.

b

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]