APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: how to reduce echo from an audio file?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Pierce
Re: how to reduce echo from an audio file?
on Mar 19, 2008 at 5:01:43 pm

how do I save this - as Include Source Audio or Reference Source Audio?

Neither... I save them as AIF files, and then import them like any other audio file into FCP.

I've never quite understood the workflow for the "Send To ST Pro". I've tried it to use it, and it seemed to be more of a hindrance than a help. My guess is that it just isn't designed for what I'm doing... which is short-form spot production. Frame for frame, my production tends to be rather sophisticated, but it's only in 30 second increments… so what works for me may be problematic for someone else.

And how can I apply this same EQ effect on all 5 of my VO files without having to open each one in ST PRO?

If I catch an audio problem prior to editing, then I will do the processing to the original file(s). But if the need for processing arises after editing, I generally export the portions I’ve used, and apply the effect to each of them.

You can save the effect while you have the EQ interface open, then simply apply that effect to the other clips. But yes, you would have to bring them all into ST Pro.
On a related note, saving the effect can be extremely useful if you regularly use the same voice person/people. If you find that “Dick” needs a little low-freq boost & mid-freq reduction, and “Jane” needs a high-freq boost… then you can save the EQ settings for each of them, and recall their effect every time you get a VO from Dick or Jane.

Good luck.

Jeff Pierce

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]