APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Need Help Converting 29.97 to 23.98 - New to using different frame rates

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Kellam
Re: Need Help Converting 29.97 to 23.98 - New to using different frame rates
on Sep 5, 2006 at 1:35:02 am

David,

Thanks for your suggestions.

>>Scenario 2. You are finsihing 23.98 (aka 24P) ( this mode is nessesary for a film out)

>>Capture all of the footage using the DV NTSC Advance puldown removal preset.

This is what I was attempting, though in retrospect, it would probably have been easier to capture all as 29.97. I captured both the 23.98 and the 29.97 using the DV NTSC Advance pulldown removal preset. On the timeline, everything looks great, but on an NTSC monitor and on a test DVD I burned, the 29.97 was messed up. I checked and even though I captured the the 29.97 using the DV NTSC Advance pulldown removal preset, the system still considers it 29.97. I'm not sure if capturing it using the DV NTSC Advance pulldown actually did anything to the 29.97. I wondered if the FCP looked at the data and said "Hey, this is 29.97" and left it that way. In any case, using the Advance pulldown removal preset didn't help with the 29.97 footage.

Even though the system recognized the 29.97 footage as 29.97, since it required me to render, I hoped it made the conversion as part of the render, but this didn't work. Is there any chance it would convert it if I played it out to tape? If so, I could recapture and make the DVD from one clip.

I don't have a KONA, but I have another project where I captured all the 23.98 footage using a regular 29.97 DV/DVCPro NTSC preset in FCP and it seems to be fine. Unfortunately, the project I am having the problem with has lots of footage at 23.98 and just a few clips at 29.97. It would be no big deal if I founf a solution that required me to recapture all of the 29.97 footage, but it would be catastrophic if I had to recapture all of the 23.98 stuff.

Don,

I'll read the article you posted. I would like to try the Nattress solution, but I'm not sure I'll get a green light to buy the plugin. If they were paying me more for this project, I'd buy the plugin for my personal system and try it out. Still, I'll try to persuade them if I can't find another option.

Any other ideas?

Michael

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]