APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Need Help Converting 29.97 to 23.98 - New to using different frame rates

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Kellam
Need Help Converting 29.97 to 23.98 - New to using different frame rates
on Sep 4, 2006 at 8:05:12 pm

Hi,

I have never used frame rates other than 29.97 before now. For my current project, I shot most of my footage on a DVX100 in 23.98 and imported it with advanced pulldown. Afterward, I decided to use some b-roll from some of our shows which is 29.97 FPS. I wasn't sure the best way to capture the 29.97 footage, so I captured using the same capture settings for the 29.97 as I used for the 23.98. When I added the 29.97 footage to the timeline, FCP indicated that I needed to render and when I did it seemed to look fine on the Computer monitor.

When I look at it on an NTSC monitor connected to my deck or if I make a DVD, all of the footage that originated as 29.97 is very jumpy, I assume because the equipment is applying a 23.98 to 29.97 conversion to footage that is already 29.97.

My question is, how can I convert the 29.97 to 23.98? There must be a way to do this. I assume I'd have to convert it and then re-cut the "new frame rate" clips into my timeline.

I tried several things in FCP and After Effects with no success, but since I have no experience in converting frame rates, I might not have tried the best process.

Please help!!

Thanks!

Michael

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]