APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: making a sequence and naming cuts from a single capured clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

howiechin
Re: making a sequence and naming cuts from a single capured clip
on Aug 12, 2006 at 4:30:40 pm

[nelsonmay10] "I have been on sets for the past two weeks as well as shooting and I am brain dead. Sorry for the rookie question, but

How do I make sequences and rename clips after rendering the whole tape. I am trying to work backwards for good bookeeping on a large edit.

I also can't get my video and audio clips to link so Ithey don't separate when moving them around.

Again I am brain dead, and any help would be appreciated."

To make sequences, just click Apple-N or Cmd-N...i love to call it apple..flows better in my sentence.

You could actually rename the clips in the Browser after u've imported the clip...but if you need to re-connect the media, it just doesn't trace back to the original clip because it uses the clip name that you've renamed in the browser.. hope you get that.

If i may suggest, u keep the original media as it is...( the whole tape ? - uncut ) and import it into FCP...seperate them into different sequences...like one sequence is just a fighting scene or "Scene 1" depends how u wanna categorize it.

and from there you can export it out to their own respective clips with their own name.

Linking could be a mess. I've had my share of problem.

Here's the workaround.

To link audio and video - hit Apple-L and you'll see the clip name will have "underlined" names.
note: link...and not group. it doesnt link when u pull Video A to link with Audio B...it'll link back to Audio A
and when it's ou

When u find yourself pulling the video off from the audio...

hit Shift-L for Linked Selection. It should snap your Video and Audio to be pulled together.

To unlink the stereo Audio... is Alt-L

sorry for the long explanation.

good luck

[howie|chin]

[howie]

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]