APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Questions on converting Legacy & footage?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Jones
Questions on converting Legacy & footage?
on Mar 23, 2019 at 8:28:06 pm

I understand how the most recent FCP X software converts older footage that is in a current FCPX library.

MY QUESTION
Is there a way to convert footage/projects that are not loaded in FCPX? I've already converted projects in a current library within FCPX. But I have many other projects from previous footage that I would hate to lose access to as needed. Do I need to create and/or load each of those projects into a FCPX library before I can convert? (A few are projects from FCP 7 that were never used in FCPX.)

It would be wonderfully helpful if there was a way to simply point the new converter to any and all footage I have on a HD so it can be converted and accessible via FCPX when I may need it.

(Hopefully, some enterprising person will develop a conversion tool such as this that could be used in the future when FCPX is no longer compatible with this older footage. For example, I have hours of old historical and/or family member interviews that I still want to work with. I cannot bear the thought of those legacy files being lost, inaccessible.)

J. David Jones
V I D E O P R O D U C E R
Unleashing the Power of Stories
to Impact the World....
Follow me on Twitter: jdavid17
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jdavid17

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]