APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marc Israel
Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.
on Dec 20, 2018 at 7:21:43 am

Fellows, I had to take a little break/space from this today as I am having trouble containing my exasperation over this present issue and the various possible hardships that lay ahead. I am hearing different things from different people, namely the two of you. Mark, my namesake, and David, name of my only brother. Ominous notions have floated such as an imminent system drive failure, bad sectors (what could sound worst then “bad sectors”?…even though I don’t know what sectors are), a outdated and/or corrupted application, sequence settings all wrong. One of you are so assured of the problem you are are ready for me to accept your gospel word and employ untold new work hours into fixing sequence settings despite the fact that I’ve had no issue at all with the settings for ages, and, if by chance, he is wrong and the problem persists, or I learn eventually through some Parallel Universe Entity that an easier solution was available all along, and that I was a victim of jumping-the gun, I will want to kill him, despite ideals of pacifism.

Mark, your language makes me laugh. “Stain on a canyon wall,” and your pep on passion projects is in all aspect received harmonious and in spirit…with well, the spirit of this film itself, which once was a fiction film that suffered so many setbacks it finally had to be forsaken or face the men w/ the butterfly nets. But have now come back to it years later and see it in a new light - that it is in fact a documentary about, among other things, the hardships, tests, travails, and failures about trying to complete that desperate film, mishaps so monumental their amusement value just might be deserving of a feature-length film to fully express, although by now it’s a film of myriad themes and sub-plots as well.

“The question I have for you now though is: what's the hurry, all of a sudden, that you can't go back and do it right? “

The scope of this project is huge, as in HUMONGOUS. It far outweighs any feature-length film I’ve made regarding volume of clips, number of sequences, in tightness and density of editing, not to mention storyline, cast of “characters”, scenes, etc. I also have often edited this film in a controlled, yet spontaneous way, whereby sometimes feel like I’m almost painting as much as editing. And the film is only a third finished. And yet it was almost 2 years of work. And no I’m not bragging, what I’m saying or asking is am I gonna take the word of one or both of you and put myself through unspeakable tedium revising all these sequence settings….or…gasp…start from scratch on a new app and create all these same exact edits, thousands of minutely-honed in IN and Out points, replicate the exact seconds of cross-dissolves or some other carefully chosen transition, the color correction of each of thousands of clips on these painting-like frames??? eek gadd gadd god help me…or even more torturous, to reimport footage? choke choke cough cough that is to cruel andIi can barely breathe due to the daunting prospect and horror, which I’d surely never survive in one piece. Really. I can only "go back" so far. Otherwise I will simply not be able to maintain a daily schedule or eating and sleeping. I will turn to slop, I will run naked in the streets twirling my dirty underwear and shouting obscenities. Every man has his breaking point.

It remains to be seen what I will, in fact, do. It will be something, that’s for sure. Because time in the old ticker is ticking, yes the doc has bad news, and every day spent in limbo on this is the sound of screeching bats echoing through my skull.

David, I’m in Los Angeles. Why do you ask?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]