APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.
on Dec 19, 2018 at 2:54:40 am

I'd put money on David being right. Though I suspect you also have drive issues.

As to why FCP7 picked the codec of the same footage you out into it, that's a convenient thing most times, but it's also a default you can set or change. You should have changed it when you started. Much of the drama would have been avoided. I'd tell you to read up on "Easy Setups" but really your ultimate answer is to get with the 21st century and move over to either FCPX or Resolve or (shudders) Premiere. Really, any of the new platforms are great and way more capable for what you want to do. At least half your misery is coming from hanging on to seven. I get nostalgia, truly, I do. Nobody more nostalgic than I am... I also get the "sunken costs fallacy"; you wanna finish this project on the same platform it started on. Jumping away now seems like too much.

I'm picturing you in the scene from the first Pirates of The Caribbean, where Jack Sparrow enters the harbor on a slowly-sinking little boat that's completely submerged to the mast-top by the time it hits the dock.

That's you now. The dock's in sight.

Promise me, if you can't bear to jump ship yet, that you will, once this last project's done. Even I'm doing it this year, at least at home. (I keep a bell jar legacy seven setup at work strictly for authoring interactive DVD's. Which nobody's asked me for in 5 years. But DVDSP was THE BEST, and the shop can't afford the new stuff.)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]