APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marc Israel
Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.
on Dec 19, 2018 at 2:17:59 am

David, thanks for chiming in again. The fix you gave is very welcome as an idea and possible or probable solution, but, because I have never, ever had any issues whatsoever with these sequence settings, including other entirely finished film projects…and because of the dreaded prospect of having to reformat an entire project with thousands of files, about 50 different extended sequences, several micro-projects within the larger project, etc and hope that everything syncs up without creating some other issue(s) in the process…I think it could be understandable that I haven’t been yet ready so far to declare your fix gospel and execute it. Also the advice to run disk utility seemed to led to an entire fix of the project, temporarily, until I recreated the circumstances for the issue again. I am wondering if you can elaborate on why you think the sequence settings is the problem here given the First Aid fix, the issue re-surfacing due to rendering one heavily effect-ed clip, and also given that I have had zero issues with the project for a couple years on/off until now, not to mention other fully completed projects with identical sequence settings for several years now.

There could be a lot of background tech understanding I’m just missing here, because I don’t have a firm grasp of that stuff and how it all relates and interrelates…

Also, if I were to change all the sequence settings, can you give me some idea of what extra muscle I should expect to have flex…like, you mentioned resizing clips - is that something I can do in a batch fashion, maybe using “paste attributes” for example? Should I expect expect to run into any snags or you think it’s a pretty cut and dry procedure? Also, why does FCP create these outdated sequence settings for me automatically when I plop down any of the original HV30 footage into the timeline? Why doesn’t it default to pro-res settings instead, for example?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]