APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marc Israel
Re: Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.
on Dec 17, 2018 at 6:49:06 pm

Thank you both for your assistance. Mark, the original files are located on a Lacie Rugged RAID 4TB external drive. Lots of unused hard drive space still on it. I had them all on a WD drive, and just bought this Lacie recently for backup but now it's instead my mainstay. David, original camera material is all over the shop, as this is a feature-length project shot over years wth different cameras. That said, I've divided the film into different "projects", as each is between 10 and 30 minutes each with plenty of files, sub-sequences, folders to sort through and so it's easier/cleaner/more organized to work on it this way and will fuse them into One later. At least half of the film uses 1440 × 1080 MPEG-2 Video, Linear PCM, Timecode files gotten from a little Canon HV30. THAT said, current "project" is however using 50% footage shot on a different Canon Vixia camera ( (I think, but forgot model #), was converted from MTS files to mov files and then again to Apple ProRes422 using Compression. There's then a mix of various photos from myriad sources, along with a decent portion of footage shot on an Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR and again converted to Apple ProRes422.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]