APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marc Israel
Full FCP 7 Assault - Out of Memory, Dropped Frames, Playback Trouble suddenly.
on Dec 17, 2018 at 9:19:58 am

Hi. I'm suddenly having a lot of problems with a documentary film project I’m working on in FCP 7, and quite likely all the issues are related. First, I am getting the much feared and dreaded “out of memory” message when in the middle of rendering certain files. Second, i’m getting the annoying "dropped frames" dialog box when playing back sequences. And thirdly, am plagued with things suddenly so sluggish that even when I hit play (space bar) to view a sequence, the command won’t always register, or there’ll be a brief spinning rainbow ball before it even starts playing. I’ve done some googling and read some solutions, but nothing takes so far. For instance the issue is not high resolution photos. Also, I trashed all render and cache files. People talk about sequence settings sometimes being the culprit. I’m using a 1440x1080 frame size, 23.98 Vid Rate, HDV 1080p24 compression, audio 48KHZ with 32 bit “floating point”. Is any of that the system settings? Also, using a 2013 Macbook Pro w/ 16GB RAM. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]