APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Do I need to update software/hardware for downloading/editing smartphone videos?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Do I need to update software/hardware for downloading/editing smartphone videos?
on May 30, 2018 at 4:41:12 pm

[Larry Rosner] "Does FCPX enable chaptering, authoring, or do I copmpress than take that to my desktop to output?"

Sorry, FCX isn't in my wheelhouse, so I don't know.

[Larry Rosner] " after converting to ProRes and doing editing, output to HD and put on thumb drive or external HD for client, or maybe youtube, vimeo, etc?"

Up to the client. What do they want, where do they want it? Not a question for me, but for them.

[Larry Rosner] "Do people burn to DVD anymore,"

I do, but I also deal with clients with antiquated needs.

[Larry Rosner] " and what about HD issue? Would than need to burn Blue Ray, and that involves getting external Blue Ray burner, if possible?"

Yup, if they want an HD disk, it'll have to be BluRay. And Compressor will make a file for that, or FCX, or other software. But you can't have menu's and chapters like you did with DVD Studio Pro. Apple doesn't make software for that. Toast...not sure if they do. Most apps now just make a video that plays, but you should still be able to add chapter marks.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]