APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Do I need to update software/hardware for downloading/editing smartphone videos?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Larry Rosner
Re: Do I need to update software/hardware for downloading/editing smartphone videos?
on May 30, 2018 at 2:28:05 pm

Thanks for follow up. I may switch to FCPX, but will try it on my current MacBook Pro. Its mid 2012, but appears to have the specs needed to run FCPX. I may need to get software to download Android phone files(photos and videos), and try things out with the FCPX 30 day trial with both iphone and Android files and HD from a camcorder. If it works, I'll purchase it after trial, and beef up laptop, if possible, and maybe add external memory and external monitor for ease of editing. Or buy more current laptop, which may be enough for my needs, or go with an iMac. Does FCPX enable chaptering, authoring, or do I copmpress than take that to my desktop to output?
Other question- for workflow, after converting to ProRes and doing editing, output to HD and put on thumb drive or external HD for client, or maybe youtube, vimeo, etc? Do people burn to DVD anymore, and what about HD issue? Would than need to burn Blue Ray, and that involves getting external Blue Ray burner, if possible? Still trying to figure things out since this is a complete shift in what I have been doing up till now. Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]