APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Do I need to update software/hardware for downloading/editing smartphone videos?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Larry Rosner
Do I need to update software/hardware for downloading/editing smartphone videos?
on May 24, 2018 at 9:46:17 pm

My business is mostly transferring old media (movies, videotape, photos, slides) to new media (memory sticks, YouTube, DVD, etc). I want to be able to download and edit videos from newer camcorders and smartphones(iphone and Android), which have HD, and deliver on new media as stated above, and keep in HD. The equipment I have is listed below, both desktop and laptop. Do I need to upgrade hardware, preferring the older MacPro models, and will I have software compatibility issues? I like having two monitors, and am used to FCP, but changes may be necessary.
Will the newest model of the old style MacPro (have not heard good things about current models), be worth the investment? Can I do this on a laptop with external memory and monitor? Will FCP 6 or 7 work? Please advise, trying not to break the bank, realize I may need to purchase additional software besides FCP.

Desktop :MacPro 1,1 (old), dual core Intel Xeon, processor speed 2.66GHz, 2 processors, 4 cores, 1.33GH Bus speed, 5GB memory
667 MHz MacOs X Version 10,6,8 FCP Studio (With FCP 6)
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170a ATI Radeon X1900 XT 2 ViewSonic VG2030wm monitors
4 Hard Drives 500 GB each
Laptop: MacBook Pro (13 inch,Mid 2012) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, memory 4GB 1600 MHz Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 500GB SATA disk

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]