APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Problems installing Motion 4 from FCP Studio disc set onto system running FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Philip Hendel
Re: Problems installing Motion 4 from FCP Studio disc set onto system running FCP7
on May 11, 2018 at 9:53:26 pm

Merci to both:

Unfortunately "Preference Manager" at this point in time is only available for OSX higher than 10.6.8 which I am trying to stick with for the FCP7 Studio package.

I think what I am going to do is erase the SSD in my 17" MBP (after copying it), re-install OSX10.6.8 and then re-install the whole package, FCP7, STP3, Color 1.5, Motion4, and LP9 (& perhaps all the ones I haven't yet tried also (Compressor, DVD & Cinema tools)).

Basically start over and just do it all at once and even upgrade to FCP7.03

As I recall I had experienced a problem with either LP9 or STP3 clashing in some way when I installed them 2 or 3 month's apart. This required a special step which I hope I have notes on somewhere.

Philip

PS

if I do a total re-install do any of you know if there are special steps I should take at the beginning regarding using two 23" A1082 monitors.
I ask this because I have always had a problem with COLOR 1.5 . To open it I always had to first unplug one of the 2 external monitors or it would crash, then once it was running I could re-plug the 2cd external monitor in.

While this allowed me to use the program it seemed kind of a goofy way to do things and in addition, I could never get the two COLOR windows to be full size on both monitors which made constructing masks less accurate than what should be possible.

(the 2cd monitor is linked using a USB3 DVI adapter)

Thank you again

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]