APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Positioning text using FCP text generators

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Christopher McDonell
Positioning text using FCP text generators
on Sep 1, 2017 at 4:55:05 pm

Hi. I'm finishing a doc on FCP 6 and will eventually need to version my text. I've been reading about using TEP to create an .srt file and to avoid Boris text generator.

At this point, my subtitles are fine, created using the outline text, because I want them to be centred and that's done by default.

But for locations, character names, etc., is there no easy way to position an outline text without having to fix the X coordinates for every single one! FCP defaults to the centre, even when justified left. It's very time consuming. Which is why I've used Motion up to this point and have just been exporting/importing pro-res files. In Motion, I can justify left, place the text holder at the bottom left within my title safe zone, and every time I add a new name or location, the positioning stays put. But alas, this won't be helpful when it's time to version.

FCP's lower third does what I want but there's no leading between lines, and I can't right align when I want to.

What to do...?

My specs: FCP 6.0.6, El Capitan, rMBP 15" i7 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]