APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: matchframe just within timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nick Meyers
Re: matchframe just within timeline
on Apr 30, 2017 at 12:17:05 pm

i'll answer your question,
and then i'll tell you how to do which you want.
two different things!

[raju bhai] " when i reverse match frame from the source clip in the browser, while the playhead jumps to the corresponding frame on the timeline, i don't know how to make it locate all the other instances of the same frame on the timeline"

generally match frame looks forward.
so:
F to match into the viewer,
then Q to jump to the canvas,
HOME to jump to the head of the timeline,
Q to jump back to the viewer
F to find the first instance of the clip

(if you know you've matched the first instance into the viewer, you don't have to do this little dance)

then use the left arrow to move forward 1 frame, or the down arrow to move to he next edit,
Q back to the viewer
and F again
should take you to the NEXT instance of the clip

now sometimes this doesn't work , and match frame really does only jump to one specific instance of a clip.
but never mind...

[raju bhai] " i'm trying to find where i may be using the same frame more than once on the timeline"

at the bottom left of your timeline are a group of tiny buttons:
loudspeaker, green & blue lines, keyframe mountains, bar graph, and tiny right-pointing arrow. (those are all descriptive names, and don't really rate yo heir function)

the tiny arrow is the one you need now,
click on it to see a menu, and choose "Show Duplicate Frames"
when this is enabled, any duplicate frames have a coloured line along the bottom of the clip.
you can right click on the coloured line, and it'll tell you where the other instances are, and you can jump to them.

hope thats clear,
nick

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]