APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Swap 720p to 1080p source files – Both picture and audio out of sync…

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Cromar
Swap 720p to 1080p source files – Both picture and audio out of sync…
on Mar 23, 2017 at 3:25:49 pm

Hello

I opened an old FCP7 project with 720p [cineform codec .mov] source files on a 720p / 25fps (PAL) timeline. I still have the original 1080p camera files (5DMK2 .mov). I wanted to uprez the original project to 1080p. So I transcode the 1080p camera files to 1080p [cineform codec] using MPEG streamclip – just as I did years ago with the 720p version.

I move the 720p clips out of the source folder and replace them with the same named1080p .mov clips. I open the project and relink the clips if necessary.

Here's the problem: The timeline remains the same running time and the physical cuts are all in the correct place *but* all the video and the audio is many seconds out of sync – not only with itself, but the IN and OUT points are all incorrect! I then have to manually slip each audio and picture track back into their 'slots'.

I must be missing something very simple but I can't fathom out how I've broken it, and how to fix it! Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Tim, UK.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]