APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Frame rate difficulites

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lisa Everton
Re: Frame rate difficulites
on Mar 3, 2017 at 9:04:45 am

Thanks very much Shane for you advice.

I have viewed the files in VLC, QT 7 & QT 10 & FCP and they all say its 10 fps. A colleague ran a computer programme on the files where it counted the frames and the duration and divided it to check the frame rate and that also came up as the same frame rate that these programmes read it at.

But the strange thing is, that when I viewed the same file in QT 7/ QT 10 and VLC, every time I advanced it frame by frame, the image moved, for every frame, whereas with FCP, the image only moved every 3rd time I advanced the frame. Why would that be? It doesn't look stuttery per se, just plays slower. But may be that it is essentially the same thing, on a continuum.

For the images I am looking at, I am measuring minute changes that can take place between three of four frames even, so if 20 frames are missing for every second, I don't think, if this really is the correct frame rate, I can use these images.
I think there may have been an issue earlier on - i.e. I think they were acquired at 30 fps but when recorded, perhaps the default frame rate was wrong? Or some other parameter that makes a difference?
My guess would be I have to track down the source files if I can??

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]