APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Frame rate difficulites

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Frame rate difficulites
on Mar 2, 2017 at 7:10:00 pm

OK, is the footage REALLY 10fps? Or is FCP only seeing it as 10fps? By this, I mean that when I did screen captures of my computer screen with certain software, I would tell it to do it at 29.97fps, and QT would report it as 29.97, but FCP would import it at 10. So I needed to basically smack it like you had to do with older TVs. By that, I mean I had to use CINEMA TOOLS to CONFORM the frame rate to 29.97. It kept the same speed, but basically added information that FCP could recognize and then it came in at 29.97fps.

Or is the footage really 10fps? If it is, then it will just look stuttery, as you mentioned, because instead of 30 pictures in a second, you have 10. It won't look an less clear...no detail is lost. You have the same image, just less of them per second, so it will stutter. FCP won't play back that 10fps at 30fps...a frame for frame playback...meaning REALLY SPED UP...unless you conform it as such. SO...if the footage really is 10fps, DO NOT use Cinema Tools to conform it, as it will do just that. If it is 10fps, leave it 10fps.

But FCP really doesn't work well with MP4...and will have serious issues with AVI. Anything that is NOT an FCP editing codec, meaning ProRes, DVCPRO HD, HDV, DV...anything you see listed in the Easy Setup...needs to be converted to an editing codec. At least with FCP 7 and earlier. FCPX and Adobe Premiere can handle this footage much better.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]