APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Frame rate difficulites

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lisa Everton
Frame rate difficulites
on Mar 2, 2017 at 11:42:30 am

Hello all.
I am doing a PhD and analysing a lot of medical images in minute detail. The frame rate is critical. I am having trouble with some of the files which are at different frame rates. All files should have been acquired at original frame rate of either 25 or 30fps. Anything less is considered not high enough frame rate for level of analysis I need to do.
As an example, Final Cut Pro (sorry not sure which version) says the frame rate for a file is 10fps. The images play back slowly/ look at the wrong speed. However, the detail does not look compromised. It looks as if I can see everything I need to see but playing in slow motion/ strangely. Increasing the speed makes it looks strange too. I do not think speed is the issue.
When I toggle frame by frame, the frame only changes every 3rd toggle, so it looks like there are 2 duplicate frames. I am no expert at all, but from what I have read, I thought when changing the frame rate from higher to lower, i.e. 30 fps to 10 fps, this would mean deleting files. It does not look “choppy/ staccato” as if frames have been deleted - if the frame rate was actually converted from 30 to 10 wouldn't have lost a lot of detail?
Is it possible that when it was converted from the source file, that the output files have done something crazy with it (in this case mostly mp4, but also happened with avi). It's possible I may not be able to analyse these files at all if I cannot work out what has been done to them or get to original source file.
Many thanks for your help with this!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]