APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: RE-LINKING TO PRORES (or LT or HQ) FOR GRADING & HD EXPORT

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: RE-LINKING TO PRORES (or LT or HQ) FOR GRADING & HD EXPORT
on Jan 24, 2017 at 7:02:04 pm

[Michael Brown] "Thanks for your quick reply 😉 I used EditReady for all the transcoding, as I find it the smoothest, most dependable and convenient app for that purpose"

If so, then you need to transcode to high resolution, and then make your proxies. Archive the high resolution as masters. The offline/online workflow isn't that simple if you use EditReady to encode offline, and then try to use it again to encode full res.

[Michael Brown] "One last question: what if I'm expected to deliver a broadcast file for a European TV channel? Would you suggest I use LT and export in the best possible conversion, and what would that be? "

That depends...what does their delivery spec call for? Some call for ProRes 422, some call for ProRes HQ. Personally, given that your footage is 8-bit, I'd transode to ProRes 422, to save space, and online with that. And if they call for a ProRes HQ master, just output ProRes HQ. There will be zero quality difference...but if I mastered to HQ, I'd have larger files with no gains.

[Michael Brown] "Would I end up with 30Gb file that no one can handle?"

No. They can handle it. I deliver 60GB to 148GB files to broadcasters, including international. ProRes HQ and ProRes 422.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]