APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: MTS conversion to MOV or other format? XA10 camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: MTS conversion to MOV or other format? XA10 camera
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:13:28 pm

Well, one big issue, sorry to say, is trying to use a newer camera with older, discontinued software, and a codec that isn't supported anymore. Final Cut Express was discontinued nearly 6 years ago, and with it, the Apple Intermediate Codec. I have several options to give you for converting that footage, but first off, it'll only do it to ProRes or DNxHD (or a "re-wrap" that won't work for you). And it only works with Mac OS 10.9 or higher...An OS that FCE might not work under. That app is called EDITREADY by divergentmedia.com. But again, you need a newer OS, and it encodes to a format that I don't know if FCE supports. It might...

You might need to look at other options for editing moving on. Adobe Premiere Pro will edit this footage right away, no converting. And for teachers and students, it's only a few dollars a month. I think $9.99. $15.99 for the whole Adobe set per month for teachers. So that might be something to consider. You will have to update the OS, but your computer should be able to deal wit that.

Shane

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]